Monday, March 3, 2014

It's Not Easy Always Being a Positive Pony

Sometimes, despite your best efforts, you can let life get you down. It happens to all of us from time to time, but I think the difference lies in HOW you respond to negetivity whether it comes from inside your head or an outside source. I have been seeing great sucess with my fitness journey. The difference in how I look over the past two months simply amazes me. I know I am eating better the majority of the time and I know I'm being consistent, so why would I be down? It was something that my son said to me last week. I'm not going to go into what he said, but it was in regards to my size. Whoever said "words will never hurt me", quite frankly was full of shit. Words DO hurt. I know my son didn't mean to cause the flood of pain I felt, after all he's 7 and doesn't really comprehend the ramifications of what he says and does sometimes. I'm certain there was no malicious intent behind it either. It still hurt though. What hurt even more is that now I wonder if my little boy has to deal with comments from other people about my size too. Is that what brought on the comment? Kids have enough problems to deal with these days without having to deal with the reprecussions of things beyond their control. A few words was all it took to set off a wave of self doubt. I began to doubt if the results I'm getting are good enough, am I certain I'm eating the right things? Is there really a difference in my body or am I just imagining things ? After a few days of that, I found the peace I was looking for. Scrolling through my Facebook feed I saw some words and I believe they were from Joyce Meyer's Facebook page: "The fight is not against flesh and blood" Without sounding too preachy, it was exactly what I needed to hear. My pain and hurt had nothing to do with my son but with the enemy himself. I know he comes to steal, kill and destroy and he is ruthless in how he attains it, even using the words of a 7 year old to cause anger and pain inside of me so I'll be tempted to quit what I've been doing. I've got news for him though, and any other doubters that may be out there. This girl isn't stopping. I've given up way too many times to give up now. I will see change and I WILL make a difference; not only in my own life, but the lives of others as well. So, if you've been discouraged, I hope you will take this to heart. DON"T EVER GIVE UP. Don't let your head get in the way of your results. Keep it simple, stay positive as much as you can and reach out to your support system when you need the extra help or a push. Remember you CHOOSE to be happy or to be negative. Happy Monday everyone!

4 comments:

  1. I love this Jennifer! You are doing SO well and I am so proud of you! Great things to come my friend <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Brandy, that means a lot. You're a wonderful friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Melinda, that is great!! I'm so glad we were able to connect yesterday by email

    ReplyDelete