Thursday, March 27, 2014

What Exactly IS Shakeology?



As a coach, one of my favorite questions to get is "What is Shakeology?" It's a product I wholeheartedly believe in and it has changed my health and well being.....but sometimes I feel I do a really POOR job explaining just exactly why it's good for you and why you will not find anything else out there like it. I am not the best communicator "on the spot". My brain moves faster than my mouth (believe it or not) and I am always that person who thinks of about 10 other things I could have said when I am trying to educate someone on something or a different way of saying it that could have made it more understandable. So today, I'm taking to my keyboard to explain to you just what you get in every dose of Shakeology, what it helps with and what it has done for me. 

What is in Shakeology?
About 70 superfoods, that's what! Let's break it down a little more than that though:

Protein Blend- whey (pea protein for Vegans) Sacha Inchi, Chia Seeds, Flax, Quinoa, Amaranth. 

Why?  Builds lean muscle, improves skin and hair, supports metal clarity and reduces cravings.

Super Fruit/Antioxidants- Camu-Camu, Acai Berries, Acerola Cherry, Bilberry, Goji Berry, Grape Seed, Luo Han Gao, Pomegranate, Rose Hips

Why? Promotes a healthy heart and optimal blood pressure.

Phytonutrients- Moringa, Chlorella, Spirulina, Spinach, Barley Grass, Kamut Grass, Wheat Grass, Oat Grass

Why? Helps to put the body in an alkaline state and promotes detoxification of the liver, kidneys, and blood.

Adaptogens- Ashwaganda, Astragalus, Cordyceps, Ginkgo, Maca Root, Maitake, Reishi Mushrooms, Holy Basil

Why? Protects the body from stress, supports the immune system, and balances the endocrine (hormone) system.

Probiotics/Digestive Enzymes- Yacon Root, Lactobacillus Sporogenes, Amylase, Cellulase, Lactase, Lipase, Papain

Why? Increases nutrient absorption, promotes regularity and improves digestion.

Whew... That's only SOME of what is in there and that's a lot! As you can see, there is much more to Shakeology than a protein shake, meal replacement or weight loss aid. It is actual whole food nutrition and we NEED help with that these days and that even means those of you who eat super clean and healthy! We don't give our bodies what they need on a daily basis. Part of the problem is that modern day farming practices (think: lack of crop rotation, pesticides, GMOs etc.) have depleted our soil of nutrients that it used to have. It's so bad, that according to Michael Pollan, author of several popular whole food books and collaborator on Food Inc. has stated that it would take 4 modern day apples to equal the nutrition of a single apple grown in the 1940's. I don't know about you, but I would have a hard time eating that many apples a day along with everything else I would have to increase to get that kind of nutrition.

Fortunately, you don't have to if you are drinking Shakeology. One serving is about equivalent to 5 trips to the salad bar. If you are drinking it and eating healthy for your other meals, you are much closer to getting what you need to fuel your body.

Well, that's great Jennifer, but what does it REALLY do? It really works. I have no health issues other than the weight I'm trying to lose. I have had one round of antibiotics in the last two years since I've been drinking it. My blood pressure and cholesterol are great and the most noticeable thing for me was improved digestion. I used to have horrible stomach issues which stemmed from poor diet and the removal of my gallbladder a few years ago. All of that is virtually gone now. 

Don't take my word for it though, I want you to see for yourself. In honor of my 2 year anniversary, I am issuing a Shakeology challenge for the month of April. Try it for 30 days (drinking it in place of one meal everyday) and if you don't love it, you can send it back for a refund. If you are down for the challenge, get in touch with me and I'll get you set up. 

On a final note, here is an AWESOME video done by Seay Stanford who is a fellow Bombshell team member. It's a couple of years old, but it is a must watch. Enjoy!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment